Wednesday, March 17, 2010

no durian success two days

Enjoyin Bali still.
Im stayin in Ubud area because my mom and dad and friend came from USA, they love Ubud for the dances and culture and classes. I am loving spending time with my mom and dad and Roz. My dad and I are reading natural hygiene books in the morning sun overlooking big fields of rice.

Yuepi day was March 16 (Balinese new year). A day of silence and quiet and no electricity, no eating, no drinking water, no motorbikes, no cars, no business Only a day of quiet rest with family, and must stay on your property. our accomodation has a pool, so we could hang out there. If every country had one day like this we could probably cure world hunger with the savings! bali even stops all flights!

I tried to fast all day and had every intention of succeeding. My last meal was 7:30PM the day before. So i wanted to eat by 11am but i kept focussed on my fasting success and thought I would succeed. HOwver by 2pm, i was negotiating with myself that I should eat to feel that nice feeling of filling up and get some juicy fruit in me (i had an amazingly ripe papaya in my room dying to be eaten). So 20 hours after the fast began, I broke it with one large luscious papaya! I am wondering what it would take for me to succeed on a one day fast? It seems most others that try can do this. I was around my family who ate their regular SAD diet, so the smells were stimulating, but that is NO excuse for sure.

was hunting for durian yesterday and many stores were closed, it was the day after the new year here in Bali. After 2hours of hunting, driving around with a hired driver polluting the environment, i gave up and went back to spend time with my folks and ate mature coconut to fufill my fat addiction.
tonight is durian success night!!


TOLSTOY
By killing, Tolstoy believed, "man suppresses in himself, unnecessarily, the highest spiritual capacity - that of sympathy and pity towards living creatures like himself - and by violating his own feelings becomes cruel."
"A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore, if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite."

PAUL and LINDA McCARTNEY
"We stopped eating meat many years ago. During the course of a Sunday lunch, we happened to look out of the kitchen window at our young lambs playing happily in the fields. Glancing down at our plates, we suddenly realised we were eating the leg of an animal who had until recently been playing in a field herself. We looked at each other and said "Wait a minute, we love these sheep - they're such gentle creatures. So why are we eating them?" It was the last time we ever did."

1 comment:

30BaD said...

Thanks for the update third wheel ;-P

You need to eat more D, no durian and your fasting? Why are you focusing on fasting? I have had a fair bit of fasting experience & read tons of literature on it. I know one thing, it just seems to make everyone i know who fasted (including myself) - able to store fat more efficiently. Maintaining a low fat raw vegan diet is waaay more healing long term because you don't stress your body through undereating. You are burning heaps, you have a red hot metabolism which needs to be stoked...take away your food and you take away your speedy metabolism, replace those missing durian cals with plenty of nana's, hope to see you in July after my half marathon :-)

Love to U
Freelee X