Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spent 5 nights out on Dayong Beach, Telukud island. Pristine paradise awaits just 20minutes by speed boat or 1hour by ferry boat ($1). To have such an untouched feeling so close to a Major citie is quite interesting and fascinating. Many people may think they have to travel long overnight boat rides to achieve such a feeling. The white sand, coconut trees, grass, flowers, plants, fruit trees(mango season JULY), papaya, bananas...and I am planting more..... the water is crystal clear and warm....tropical fish and coral reefs...nice quiet place with tourists from Davao coming for afternoons mainly ( I think this is great to see people come here and I can meet them and connect with all sorts if i choose: students or professionals or sales clerks or families)....The mornings and evenings are more about solitude. The owners are wonderful....The man of the daughter is 95years old and he is teaching me his 10secrets to longetivity...he is adorable..and smiles lots...BEn is his name....3small meals only perday, mostly vegetarian, I hope to help him eat more fruits with me...he loved durian.

Today back in the city action living on the hotel beach front on poluted beach... and lving the big markets and people and hustle and bustle and internet Wifi hotspots for my new laptop...and the wonderful massages...i got a nice 2hour massage yesterday for 10bucks US. Just ate 2 Marangs in a side alley carendria in the Bankerohan market while hundreds of passerbys stare me down and smile and hopefully notice that fruit is a better choice to death.

Feeling great with the contrast of city/beach life To full island style paradise life....maybe one week on paradise and 3 days in city/beach.

My durian contact deliverd me durian out to the island too!! I text him my order and the next day it arrives by ferry boat...very fun waiting as teh boat is coming towards me..teaching me patience and renoucment should it not arrive.

D

No comments: