Friday, June 12, 2009

hanging out with eagles....




There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud. I was swiming alone in a huge resivoir in Penang. An eagle soared above my head within 4 feet, scared me! I followed it to shore and got within 15feet of it. I stood in the water for one hour watching it. It was just standing there looking at me and looking around. What an amazing meditation exercise. It felt rather easy being in the moment with an eagle for one hour.
What did I learn and feel?
I learned we are not supposed to be slaughtering animals or using animals in any way shape or form.
I felt saddened about how far away from nature I have been most of my life and most people still are. I felt grateful to have all the time in the world to be around nature and animals.

No comments: