Wednesday, April 21, 2010

eating durian inside Airport....

Loads of durian stands on the roadsides as I was Heading back to Davao airport. I was catching my flight to Siargao Island for some surfing. I brought a couple durians to the airport. The entrance of the airport has a huge durian statue, so I felt like this may be a place that embraces durian. The first security guard at the front entrance was smiling and took little notice in my durians.

Now I am inside the Davao City airport which is enclosed and airconditioned. The checkin counter told me I cant bring my durian on the plane. I said OK, and continued through the first xray screen and security. They made me put the durian through the xrays.

Now I am at the area of cafes and shops before the final xray and gate entrances. This is were I sat down at a table and opened my strong smelling durian. People did look more than usual at me with smiles. NO issues whatsoever!!

The durians I had brought were from My favorite durian Stall in Magsaysay Park...the sellers name is Jeffry, nickname JO-JO, He is about 30 years old and has a belly, and is the most honest durian expert around! give him business, tell him DD sent you.

I also got another massage at the airport for $2!!! The best I have ever had in my life. From a blind man named "RICKY". Top floor of airport. sitting in the massage chair style. 30minutes of pressure points and relaxation.....after wards I had a chat with this Expert......I played a game, asking him to guess my age. Told him I would give him double if he guessed it.....he was close enough.

Philippines continues to impress me with the weather, the smiling hospitible people, the fruit, the durian, the massages, the cheapness, the beaches, the down to earth feeling in a big city like Davao, the ability to help others so easily and cheaply day in and day out, the adventure, the Girls, the love of life....,etc....

No comments: