Sunday, October 26, 2008

Prices of Misc. items here in Philippines..

Marang $1/kilo
Mangos $1/kilo
bananas 2cents/1 banana
durian $1/kilo
pomelo $1/kilo
haircut 60cents
cheap/clean/nice hotel near the park $8/night
excellent deep tissue one hour massage....$5
one litre bottle of water 50cents
taxi ride for 1hour $5
Ride on a 10passenger Jeepney for 30minutes..20cents
Huge meal of Rice, veggies....50cents


BEING WITH 10-15 PHILIPPINO CHILDREN AT THE PARK BY THE WATER DOING VARIOUS YOGA STRETCHES, PUSHUPS, PULLUPS, CARTWHEELS, HANDSTANDS, JOGGING.....THEN SHARING MARANG AND MANGOS WITH THEM...................PRICESLESS

I Was feeling some discontent and lonliness last night after my durian meal, so I went home and watched a movie 'butterfly on a wheel', a psychological thriller, and had a nice escape for a while, but the feeling was still in me after the movie.....Today I am feeling wonderful....could it be the durian gift I gave to the hotel personel? The smiles and hellos I said to the locals, even though I wanted to ignore them and be in my own selfish world? The nice email I send my lovely sister?, could it be the 2hours of physcal activity? Or the excercising with Philippino kids and feeling the contribution? Or all of the above? I am learning each day about myself more and more with sooo much time on my hands to do what every I want....I do plan to make contribution more a 1rst priority as opposed to 'fitting it in' in between my pleasure seeking days.

No comments: